Student At-Home COVID Test Kits – Instructions & Other Information
Good afternoon SPS Families –
We are grateful to have launched the new layer of mitigation over the past nine days, distributing over 500 test kits to staff and over 2,000 for students. Please see below for more information if your household is participating.
Distribution: Test kits are going home today or tomorrow, depending on the school. All students that participate in our weekly testing program, as well as an additional ~50 families that have requested at-home test kits by opting-in to participate, will receive a kit.
- If your student attends Salem High, please remind them to go to the station outside the nurses’ office to pick up their test. All other schools are distributing in homerooms.
Instructions: At home tests are to be used by students and staff on Sunday evenings or Monday mornings before returning to school. If winter interferes with tomorrow’s planned distribution, kits will go home Monday and can be used Monday night.
- Here is a link to the full instructions in English & Spanish, with links for all languages included.
- If your student’s test is positive, please ensure to keep your student home and isolated. Here is a link to a Google form (in six languages) to report positive test results.
- For a complete look at the February testing schedule, please see the calendar below.
- New Schedule: Please note, as a result of this program, pool testing will now take place on Tuesdays (Bates, Carlton, ECC, Saltonstall, & Witchcraft) or Wednesday (Bentley, Collins, Horace Mann, & Salem High). This helps us balance the week so that rapid testing takes place Sunday evening and pool testing is completed in time to get results before the end of the week.
- Recently positive students: Finally, if students have been positive with COVID-19 since winter break began, we are not sending home a test with your student. The program does not allow those who were recently positive to participate, as the risk of reinfection is very low.
The opportunity to sign up for this week’s distribution of tests has now passed. We will share an additional opportunity to sign up for the next distribution before February break.
If you have questions, please email C19Test1@learn.salemk12.org
Thank you for your help keeping our community safe.